Everyday is a Winding Road.

Most of our life is a series of images. They pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens. And we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment-every part of it- will live on forever.

Friday, April 07, 2006

I’m Back

I have not written anything here for the longest time for one thing- I did not have anything interesting to say. My life was just constant. Nothing was new. I lived each day doing the same things, school, coffee with my friends, home, sleep.. went out on weekends, getting nothing from it.. that was basically my life for months. And now, life has began to treat me in a different way again. It is confusing, as it once was. I am now in another situation which I’m not sure if I should be into, which I choose not to write about now.

Of Goodbyes and New Beginnings..

I had tea with three of my good friends last night, and we were talking about serious stuff. One of them, Gianina, studies in Manila. The other, Jd, plans to leave Bacolod soon. Me and Joash were saying that we plan to finish college here and then hopefully, leave. And then it hit me. We all have different plans in our lives, and things will not remain this way forever. I honestly feel like I cannot deal with my life anymore without them. I mean, I had them in times when the world seems like it was crashing on me. I had them when I was so happy because the boy I like like me as well. They were there to tell me what’s right and what’s wrong. They were there to stop me from drinking when I had too much already, they were there to talk to me, and to listen. I had them with me to heaven and to hell! I have been enjoying the past months of my life with them and I have been wishing that it will never end. Though I have to admit, it eventually will.

I always dread the times when I’d have to say goodbye to people, especially those who I really treasure. I am always hurt by the fact that I am the one who’s always left behind. It is indeed harder for the person who stays than the one who leaves. In 10 years time, I do not know where I’d be, where everyone will be. But that’s life. We all can not just stay here in Bacolod and continue to have coffee and drink everyday. We all got our lives to live. Its just sad being the youngest in the group because I know for a fact that I will be the last one left here and I will have to say goodbye to everyone. But since I can not do anything about it and I am not in the position to deprive anyone from a better future, I just have to accept it and wish them well. After all, it is better for all of us to start a new life somewhere else than to get stuck in this place which we all treat as our playground. We will have to start a new and better life someday.. or maybe soon….

Maybe someday I will leave Bacolod, maybe someday I will not be the one who’s always left behind.. maybe…but no matter how far we will be from one another, I know that we’ll always come home, do the things we used to do, talk about the topics we used to talk about, drink till we drop just like the good old days… and it will seem like we never left Bacolod at all. That’s true friendship.

For the friendship that will never fade, for the memories that we have shared, for the good times and the bad, for the heavens and the hells, for luck in our separate lives, for all of us being together again someday, and for all those that is yet to come, CHEERS!


Crossing Paths

I was surprised when I got a message from Nacho last week that he’s in Bacolod.

Nacho is a very good friend of mine. Actually, he comforted me when I was feeling bad about a wrong decision I made. Nacho was there to listen. He was there to tell me that everything will be okay. He also came to me on times when he had his share of problems. I would, just like what he did, comfort him and give him an advice.

That night, I was at our Bible Study and I had classes the next day so I could not meet up with him. I told him we could meet up the next day instead, since it was a Friday.

We agreed that we’ll meet at Sorrento, have a few drinks there, and then go to North. So we did. We had the whole time to update each other about what has been happening in our lives lately since we somehow lost touch for a short while. We shared stories, just like the old times. I was just so happy to be able to cross paths with him again. Thanks Nach, for everything! And remember, Mam Bianca will never allow any girl to hurt you! So do what I tell you!!! Hehehe!!


On a Lighter Note…

Angela, my sister from another mother, is arriving this weekend! I cannot wait to see her!! This means I’ll have someone to talk to, to drink with, dance with and do anything with! J I really cannot wait! Also, my friends and I are going to Boracay for Holy Week! I’m happy that Anj gets to spend her summer with me!! Love you Sis! I’m so excited!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At April 9, 2006 at 4:55 AM , Blogger Julietearjerky said...

    bianx!hehe.. this is a long entry and I'm glad I read it.hehe.. I miss u so much and I'm happy that you really are learning from life and you're growing from your mistakes. I am too and it feels good right? hehe.. syempre we are evolving into a wiser being.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home