Of Med School and Mothers.
Duty week is finally over. Was in the hospital till early this morning. Knowing that my friends had fun playing Wii last night, I really wanted to leave duty and join them. Anyway, I had dinner with my tita who's a doctor. When mom told her that I'm planning to take up Medicine proper, she started discouraging me and told me to just start working after Nursing. I, on the other hand, kept on telling her that I'm really not contented of being a nurse. I want to be something more- yeah, a doctor. So we ended up debating. Her point is, while in Med School, she missed a lot of things. Family vacations, birthday celebrations, anniversaries- all those doesn't matter to her anymore because for 6 years, she had no time for those. Sure I'd miss a lot, but being a doctor will make me really proud of myself. It will be a fulfillment. Maybe I'd have to start get used to not being able to hang out with my friends anymore. Bit by bit, I'd have to learn to compromise. I'd have to get used to having less time for myself and more time for my career. After all, being a doctor will be a dream come true. =)
Oh, I love my mom! She surprised me with a ticket to Manila! She knows I badly wanna go and she said she thinks I deserve a break. I think mothers can really sense what their daugters want and feel. I'm happy I have an understanding mom. Thanks mom! I love you!! =)
Oh, I love my mom! She surprised me with a ticket to Manila! She knows I badly wanna go and she said she thinks I deserve a break. I think mothers can really sense what their daugters want and feel. I'm happy I have an understanding mom. Thanks mom! I love you!! =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home