Everyday is a Winding Road.

Most of our life is a series of images. They pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens. And we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment-every part of it- will live on forever.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

T.G.I.F.

A day after professing my love for rain, it stopped. Huwow.

It's finally a Friday. Thank God I won't have a morning class on Monday, and only 2 exams next week which will be on Wednesday and Thursday. So, next week, I'll have a lot of time to sleep! wooohhhoooooo!



I was talking to my cousin who's based in Cebu and she's been trying to convince me to go and visit her there. I kinda want to. I mean, whoever says no to a weekend out of town. But I'm thinking if I should go to Cebu one of these weekends, or watch this Fall Out Boy concert in Manila. My mom wouldn't allow me to pick both for sure. It's been a while since I last saw my cousin, and I haven't also been to Cebu in almost 4 years now. On the other hand, Nikki and Yana also wanted me to go to Manila for the concert. I still have a lot of time to think because the concert won't be until September. I'm hopeful school won't be a hindrance though. Argh. I'll be keeping my hands crossed.



I'm also planning to attend Singles Encounter this August since some of my friends will be serving. It would be a nice chance for me to "recollect" and to "reflect" about my life. It would be a nice chance for me to re-evaluate my relationship with the Father and be closer to Him. I've attended the Youth Encounter back in High School and was moved by a lot of lessons I learned back then.



I remember writing an essay for as a requirement for Ateneo back in Senior year, High School. We were asked to write about an event that changed our lives. I wrote about this retreat we had to attend before serving the next Youth Encounter batch. The module of the retreat was the "Parable of the Pencil." Here's how I remember the parable.

A pencil maker, before putting a pencil in a box said "in facing the world, there are 5 important things you need to know." Always put them in mind.

1- You will be able to do a lot of great things- only if you allow Someone to hold you. (Read: We can do a lot of things if we allow ourselves to be held in God's hands.)

2- You will be sharpened from time to time, but it will make you a better pencil. (Read: Problems will come our way. These are given to us to make us stronger and better.)

3- There's an eraser- a chance for you to correct any mistake you might make. (Read: We are all given a chance to correct our mistakes.)

4- What's inside you is the most important part. (Read: The most important thing is what we are inside.)

5- Always continue to write and leave your mark. (Read: We always have to leave a mark- no matter what the situation is.)

Sometimes we think that we are given too much problems and that we can't handle it. Truth to be told, I've reached some points when I thought I was the only one who's struggling ang frustrated with life. And more often than not, we forget that God doesn't give us problems we can't handle. We become hopeless, lose faith and drift away from God. This shouldn't be the case. We always have to remember that God will never, ever leave us, even when the whole world seems to have left. We just have to allow Him to "hold" us. There really is a reason for everything. All we gotta do is trust Him, no matter what.


Live, Love and Learn. Life is good! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home