Of My First Hospital Exposure
Hi! It's been quite a while since I last posted. I promise to post a quick summary of how my past months have been soon. I'll try my best to make a short yet meaningful entry about how 2006 ended, and how 2007 began for me. Soon.
Today, was my first hospital exposure. Our preconference was at 6 am, and I really had a hard time waking up. You see, I really am insomniac, and I really don't function well in the morning. But anyway, since I basically had no choice, I just had to drag myself to school. Had I left the house a little later, my Clinical Instructor would have charged me another Make Up Duty.
So after our brief Pre-Conference in school, we were all ready to leave for Bago City Hospital. Another Conference was held when we got there, and then we were all toured around the hospital. And then given our clients, and then we began to work.
Every hour or so, our Clinical Instructor would call us for a conference. We had a 40-minute break, which we spent eating at a carinderia in front of the hospital.
We went back to our clients after the break, took their Vital Signs again, and had a little chit-chat with them, and then our C.I. called us for conference again. Soon, we packed our stuff and were all ready to leave for La Salle.
It was really tiring, and stressful. I mean, standing most if not all the time, running around the Stations because I left the BP app or the thermometer in the Conference room, the uncomfortable duty uniform and stockings, dealing with clients who probably thought we were just there to disturb them... Oh well, I'll be dealing with a lot lot more clients in the future, I just have to learn to be patient. :)
Whew. I'm just glad I made it through.
Tired. Very Tired.
Signing Off now.
Much Love.
Today, was my first hospital exposure. Our preconference was at 6 am, and I really had a hard time waking up. You see, I really am insomniac, and I really don't function well in the morning. But anyway, since I basically had no choice, I just had to drag myself to school. Had I left the house a little later, my Clinical Instructor would have charged me another Make Up Duty.
So after our brief Pre-Conference in school, we were all ready to leave for Bago City Hospital. Another Conference was held when we got there, and then we were all toured around the hospital. And then given our clients, and then we began to work.
Every hour or so, our Clinical Instructor would call us for a conference. We had a 40-minute break, which we spent eating at a carinderia in front of the hospital.
We went back to our clients after the break, took their Vital Signs again, and had a little chit-chat with them, and then our C.I. called us for conference again. Soon, we packed our stuff and were all ready to leave for La Salle.
It was really tiring, and stressful. I mean, standing most if not all the time, running around the Stations because I left the BP app or the thermometer in the Conference room, the uncomfortable duty uniform and stockings, dealing with clients who probably thought we were just there to disturb them... Oh well, I'll be dealing with a lot lot more clients in the future, I just have to learn to be patient. :)
Whew. I'm just glad I made it through.
Tired. Very Tired.
Signing Off now.
Much Love.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home