Everyday is a Winding Road.

Most of our life is a series of images. They pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens. And we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment-every part of it- will live on forever.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's Christmas Time!

The past week, I have been starting to listen to Christmas songs. People have been complaining about it, since they claim it isn't even December yet.. The weather here is getting better, cold afternoons, nice sunsets, orange-pinkish clouds.. I just feel like its Christmas.

I love Christmas for once reason- this is the season when I leave all my problems and just relax. For me, Christmas Day is the best day of the year. No worries, no nothing.. Just showing people that you love them and that you care.

Ever since I was a kid, I have always loved this season. I always looked forward to being with my family and my cousins on Christmas. My family always gave importance to this day, that there never was a Christmas when we'd separate. We'd all be ask to take a nap around 15 minutes before 12, and they'd wake us up at exactly 12 midnight, with all the gifts from Santa! I'd be the happiest since Santa always knew what I wanted. And he always gave them all to me.

I was a lot disappointed when my mom told me that Santa wasn't real. I told myself I'd keep on believing in him, minus the gifts of course. So I'd still have a Christmas wishlist. This time, I din't ask for gifts though.

This Christmas, my wish is that I may find the strength to give up the things that I'd have to. To accept that people have to leave, and just be happy with those that I have left.

And I believe that Santa will grant my wish! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home