Everyday is a Winding Road.

Most of our life is a series of images. They pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens. And we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment-every part of it- will live on forever.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lucky to Be Me!

Today, I realized how lucky I am to be living this life.

I was on duty at the Provincial Hospital. My patient was admitted with a complaint of DOB (difficulty of breathing) secondary to CRD (Chronic Renal Disease). At first, I honestly thought he wasn't that bad. Until I saw in his chart that it was the end stage already, and that he was anemic, and has a liver problem too. He was admitted for 6 days already, but still hasn't been transfused with blood.

The doctor came and told him and his daughter that he could just go home, since they didn't have blood to give him anyway, the rest of his medicines could just be taken at home. And the doctor told them that if they don't follow up Red Cross regarding the blood, he wouldn't survive.

We tried to convince him to eat so he could drink his medicines. He doesn't want to because he things he was gonna die anyway. His daughter was crying. He was saying mean words to his daughter.

Though I go through a lot each day, and though there are times when I just want to give up, I realized that there are people who go through more than what I face each day. I have to be stronger, and optimistic.

My dad always says, when I feel despair, frustrated or what, I should look at the people who are less blessed than I am and then I would appreciate the things and the people I have. I think he's right. I have a lot of people who loves me and accepts me for who I am. I have my family who supports me in everything I do. I live in a comfortable home. I appreciate it all.

I'm still lucky to be me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home