My not so relaxing Sunday.
My dad's voice woke me up. "Don't you have duty?"
"It's not even 5:30 yet!" I answer.
"It's 6:00 already!" He says.
I check my phone, its 5:58! WTF?! I didn't hear nor feel my alarm!
I rushed to the bathroom, took a quick shower, put on my uniform and was off to the hospital.
Sunday duty sucks. It's our Enrichment, which means it's our request to be scheduled today. Enrichment duties are only done in Special Areas- for us to be able to finish our cases before we graduate.
I get to the Delivery room, change into my scrubs.. and after around 15 minutes, our first baby was handed to us.
So many exciting things happened during our shift today. One baby flew- literally! You probably are wondering why or even how could such happen.... Once the baby's head is out, the mother should stop pushing. But that mother continued to push- so there- the baby flew and all of the DR staff shouted and were so nervous. Good thing one of the staff nurses was there watching- she was able to catch the baby. If she wasn't able to catch her, they'd all be in trouble- losing their liscense and all.
Another story: When the mother was mounted, the doctor told us to consider, IUFD (Intrauterine Fetal Death). The mother started pushing at 7 am.. The baby wouldn't come out. Until there was no uterine contractions anymore. At past 12 noon, they finally decided to pull the baby with the use of forceps. We all thought the baby would be dead. And what a miracle, she came out alive! Everyone was so happy- shouting "Buhi, buhi!"
At past 2 (our shift was supposed to end at 2), we haven't roomed in some of our babies yet. So we finished at around 3 already.
Went home to take a bath after... Then went to the mall, and to Kuppa with Bea and Camille.
I'm supposed to have duty at 10 pm later. Imagine that?! But our Clinical Instructor got sick... so they moved it to 6 am again, tomorrow.
I hope I can wake up earlier.
It really doesn't feel like it's a Sunday today. Sundays are supposed to be relaxing days. Shoot.
Duty= Stress.
But whatever.
Love you all, long time!
"It's not even 5:30 yet!" I answer.
"It's 6:00 already!" He says.
I check my phone, its 5:58! WTF?! I didn't hear nor feel my alarm!
I rushed to the bathroom, took a quick shower, put on my uniform and was off to the hospital.
Sunday duty sucks. It's our Enrichment, which means it's our request to be scheduled today. Enrichment duties are only done in Special Areas- for us to be able to finish our cases before we graduate.
I get to the Delivery room, change into my scrubs.. and after around 15 minutes, our first baby was handed to us.
So many exciting things happened during our shift today. One baby flew- literally! You probably are wondering why or even how could such happen.... Once the baby's head is out, the mother should stop pushing. But that mother continued to push- so there- the baby flew and all of the DR staff shouted and were so nervous. Good thing one of the staff nurses was there watching- she was able to catch the baby. If she wasn't able to catch her, they'd all be in trouble- losing their liscense and all.
Another story: When the mother was mounted, the doctor told us to consider, IUFD (Intrauterine Fetal Death). The mother started pushing at 7 am.. The baby wouldn't come out. Until there was no uterine contractions anymore. At past 12 noon, they finally decided to pull the baby with the use of forceps. We all thought the baby would be dead. And what a miracle, she came out alive! Everyone was so happy- shouting "Buhi, buhi!"
At past 2 (our shift was supposed to end at 2), we haven't roomed in some of our babies yet. So we finished at around 3 already.
Went home to take a bath after... Then went to the mall, and to Kuppa with Bea and Camille.
I'm supposed to have duty at 10 pm later. Imagine that?! But our Clinical Instructor got sick... so they moved it to 6 am again, tomorrow.
I hope I can wake up earlier.
It really doesn't feel like it's a Sunday today. Sundays are supposed to be relaxing days. Shoot.
Duty= Stress.
But whatever.
Love you all, long time!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home