Suntown Camp.
Suntown Camp has brought children with cancer and children with parents with cancer together- the first of it's kind in the Philippines, and maybe in the world. It is where these kids can share their fears, find comfort, and have fun!
I had the chance to share a part of myself to these kids. I was one of the leaders!
Friday was our team building. The kids weren't there yet- it was just the staff, leaders and the volunteers. We prepared the activities, practiced our welcome number, and made sure that the place looked happy for the kids.
Welcoming the kids overwhelmed me. Tears fell from our eyes seeing them very happy to see Jollibee. We spent the day getting to know each other, bonding with the kids, playing games, listening to talks, and ended it with lullabies.
Sunday we brought the kids to the Museo sang Bata sa Negros in Sagay City. They had so much fun. We then had lunch at Kauswagan, still in Sagay, and played Amazing Race there. When we got back from Sagay, my mom's batchmates from Assumption were there to give them Christmas gifts! and the first 3 Filipinas to reach the summit of Mt. Everest were also there to give them an inspirational speech. We ended the night with candle lighting, prayers, bonfire, marshmallows and hotdogs.
Last day was our Talent show. Some kids danced, others sang The Journey, while us leaders sang Lean on Me.
Joining this camp as a leader, I thought I'd be the one who'll share to the kids, and teach them new things. But in the end, I learned even more.
To the kids: We hope you enjoyed your short but memorable stay with us. Never feel alone, nor lose hope because God will never, never leave you.
To the Titas, the staff and the leaders: Good work everyone! The sleepless nights, and all the hard work paid off! Next time one week??? hahahaha! See you during our evaluation!
See you all on our Christmas Party on Dec. 8! Till then!
I had the chance to share a part of myself to these kids. I was one of the leaders!
Friday was our team building. The kids weren't there yet- it was just the staff, leaders and the volunteers. We prepared the activities, practiced our welcome number, and made sure that the place looked happy for the kids.
Welcoming the kids overwhelmed me. Tears fell from our eyes seeing them very happy to see Jollibee. We spent the day getting to know each other, bonding with the kids, playing games, listening to talks, and ended it with lullabies.
Sunday we brought the kids to the Museo sang Bata sa Negros in Sagay City. They had so much fun. We then had lunch at Kauswagan, still in Sagay, and played Amazing Race there. When we got back from Sagay, my mom's batchmates from Assumption were there to give them Christmas gifts! and the first 3 Filipinas to reach the summit of Mt. Everest were also there to give them an inspirational speech. We ended the night with candle lighting, prayers, bonfire, marshmallows and hotdogs.
Last day was our Talent show. Some kids danced, others sang The Journey, while us leaders sang Lean on Me.
Joining this camp as a leader, I thought I'd be the one who'll share to the kids, and teach them new things. But in the end, I learned even more.
To the kids: We hope you enjoyed your short but memorable stay with us. Never feel alone, nor lose hope because God will never, never leave you.
To the Titas, the staff and the leaders: Good work everyone! The sleepless nights, and all the hard work paid off! Next time one week??? hahahaha! See you during our evaluation!
See you all on our Christmas Party on Dec. 8! Till then!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home