Everyday is a Winding Road.

Most of our life is a series of images. They pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens. And we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment-every part of it- will live on forever.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Graduates of 2008

In a couple of weeks, most of my high school friends (aka the Bulaklakan Party) are graduating. Except for me, nicole, rianna and antoinette who decided to shift courses, and for Krita who's taking up a 5-year course.

I begin to feel like it was just yesterday when we marched the aisle of the St. Scho gym, ready to conquer college. We were all so optimistic back then. I had plans. And I KNEW I was gonna be the person I've always dreamt about. Something happened along the way, I had to let go of the wheel.. And take note, I do not have plan Bs. So if plan A won't work, then I get lost. But that's another story.

Back to my friends, I just feel sad that I'm gonna be left here. I mean, going to college was not that bad since I am the one who left.. But this time, I am the one who's gonna be left behind. The rest are still staying for their review and for the board exams, but my best friend Mariel is definitely leaving this April.

I don't know what I'll do without her. I mean, even though we don't hang out as much as high school, Mariel was always my shoulder to lean on. I can never think of a time when she wasn't there for me. Our Manila adventures, Embassy, Capone's, Passes for THE GRIND (yeah!), Bora, Rockwell, Glorietta, 168, Ilo2x, our getting-drunk-because-we-were-depressed days, sleepovers, our coffee breaks.

She wants me to come visit her as soon as I can. I plan to spend Christmas of 2009 (wow tagal pa) with her. It's probably my first Christmas away from home, but I'm sure Ying and I will have a blast! Just like how we've always had.

I'll miss you ying :) You gotta come home this Christmas! or before that, even :)

Love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home