REMEMBERING HIGH SCHOOL....
If you ask me how my high school life went, I’d say it was the best. It was during high school when I found my true friends. These friends have been with me to heaven and to hell. And writing this sort of tribute now makes me miss them more.
First Year
I belonged to St. Lucy. My barkada then were Martha, Antoinette and Rianna. Baduy but we called our group “the power of four”. Hahah… I know Martha will get mad at me if she sees this here! But seriously, we had so many fun memories together. Like skipping our outreach program just to have picture taking to that brown or rather black sand beach beside the orphanage. Once, we also had a sleepover party at my house coz I was home alone. We had a sort of modeling thing. Haha.. I remember biting martha’s hand when we were all lying down na ready to sleep coz she keeps on disturbing us. Haha sleepover at Martha’s house with Rianna was fun too. She was hell drunk and she threw up beside her bed so since her brother was in Manila that time, Rianna and I decided to leave Martha alone and to sleep in her brother’s room. Hahaha true friends, huh? Hahaha…
Second Year
We all were in one section. Me, Mariel, Martha, Rianna, Marivic, Ilianna and Katrina. That was the worst decision teachers made- putting us all in one section, St. Gertrude. We had cooking classes then and I remember Mrs. Garay running after us. Hahaha.. we also joined the “Pasenskota” show. That was really fun. We had practices up to like 11 p.m. everyday so we were excused to attend the first 2 classes in the morning. That was also the time when every afternoon, we would pass by the mall then go to Mariel’s house.
We also would cut afternoon classes for no reason at all. Hahaha
Third Year
Prom year. I was in the same section with sila Martha while Mariel, Marivic and the rest of the group were in the other section. But during breaks like recess and lunch, we would still go to each other’s classroom just to talk about the latest chismis. I also sat beside Nicole and Hannah, so we were always reprimanded by our teachers. hahaha
Fourth Year
I was allowed to stay out up to 2:30 am on Saturdays. My night out partner is Mariel. She would pick me up and bring me home. This was also the year when I was allowed to go to Lakawon and to Cadiz with sila Mariel. And since we had digi cams and cellphones with cameras, lunch breaks were spent taking pictures. Ilianna and I got addicted to eating piaya or Carbonarra for lunch. Our official tambayan: pine trees. And since I know how to drive na, after school, I would leave my driver in school then we would go either to Nicole’s house or to Courtyard. We had a lot of insane adventures too. We also enjoyed tribute practices. And it was a success, we had a good show!:) For me, fourth year was the best year of high school. Not only coz we were more mature, but because we knew ourselves and one another deeper.
But High School wasn’t perfect. We also had our shares of fights and misunderstandings. We also had a lot of bad times but we choose to remember all the good times. What’s the use of remembering bad times anyway? And all those fun memories will be treasured… always...
Seeing all of them a month ago made me happy. College life is a lot more different than high school. We go to different schools, have different schedules, and even found new friends. Amazingly, wonderful friendships we formed during high school are still in our hearts. I know that no matter where the road of life would take us, we will always be friends. “WE RIDE TOGETHER, WE DIE TOGETHER! PROBINSYANAS FOR LIFE!!!!”
First Year
I belonged to St. Lucy. My barkada then were Martha, Antoinette and Rianna. Baduy but we called our group “the power of four”. Hahah… I know Martha will get mad at me if she sees this here! But seriously, we had so many fun memories together. Like skipping our outreach program just to have picture taking to that brown or rather black sand beach beside the orphanage. Once, we also had a sleepover party at my house coz I was home alone. We had a sort of modeling thing. Haha.. I remember biting martha’s hand when we were all lying down na ready to sleep coz she keeps on disturbing us. Haha sleepover at Martha’s house with Rianna was fun too. She was hell drunk and she threw up beside her bed so since her brother was in Manila that time, Rianna and I decided to leave Martha alone and to sleep in her brother’s room. Hahaha true friends, huh? Hahaha…
Second Year
We all were in one section. Me, Mariel, Martha, Rianna, Marivic, Ilianna and Katrina. That was the worst decision teachers made- putting us all in one section, St. Gertrude. We had cooking classes then and I remember Mrs. Garay running after us. Hahaha.. we also joined the “Pasenskota” show. That was really fun. We had practices up to like 11 p.m. everyday so we were excused to attend the first 2 classes in the morning. That was also the time when every afternoon, we would pass by the mall then go to Mariel’s house.
We also would cut afternoon classes for no reason at all. Hahaha
Third Year
Prom year. I was in the same section with sila Martha while Mariel, Marivic and the rest of the group were in the other section. But during breaks like recess and lunch, we would still go to each other’s classroom just to talk about the latest chismis. I also sat beside Nicole and Hannah, so we were always reprimanded by our teachers. hahaha
Fourth Year
I was allowed to stay out up to 2:30 am on Saturdays. My night out partner is Mariel. She would pick me up and bring me home. This was also the year when I was allowed to go to Lakawon and to Cadiz with sila Mariel. And since we had digi cams and cellphones with cameras, lunch breaks were spent taking pictures. Ilianna and I got addicted to eating piaya or Carbonarra for lunch. Our official tambayan: pine trees. And since I know how to drive na, after school, I would leave my driver in school then we would go either to Nicole’s house or to Courtyard. We had a lot of insane adventures too. We also enjoyed tribute practices. And it was a success, we had a good show!:) For me, fourth year was the best year of high school. Not only coz we were more mature, but because we knew ourselves and one another deeper.
But High School wasn’t perfect. We also had our shares of fights and misunderstandings. We also had a lot of bad times but we choose to remember all the good times. What’s the use of remembering bad times anyway? And all those fun memories will be treasured… always...
Seeing all of them a month ago made me happy. College life is a lot more different than high school. We go to different schools, have different schedules, and even found new friends. Amazingly, wonderful friendships we formed during high school are still in our hearts. I know that no matter where the road of life would take us, we will always be friends. “WE RIDE TOGETHER, WE DIE TOGETHER! PROBINSYANAS FOR LIFE!!!!”

1 Comments:
At October 19, 2004 at 2:23 PM ,
Sunkissed Adrianna said...
i wouldnt agree with you on this one..i found my true friends in college..:P
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home